Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chocolat



by Joanne Harris

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. I am a huge fan of reading books that make great movies, and normally I enjoy the books more, but not in this case. Maybe it is Johnny Depp and Judi Dench that seal the deal for me. Either way, this is a book blog, so to tell you a little bit about this book.

Vianne is an amazing character. My favorite part about the book is the beauty and life she brings to the village. Her relationship with her daughter and how that relationship then correlates with the way she felt about her mother speaks to any and all who have ever had a moment in time when that particular area of our life did not go as planned. This is also true for the relationship between Armande and Caroline. Joanne Harris makes it apparent that we need to take chances and be free, which I applaud, but overall this was a good, not great book. My vote, watch the movie. Roux is goregous!

No comments:

Post a Comment